Academic Staff Orientation
All new academic staff are strongly encouraged to attend the University of Melbourne's Academic Staff Orientation. The interactive program provides valuable information and advice on making a successful start to an academic career in a research-led University.
The Academic Staff Orientation is held twice each year, typically in February and July. The next Academic Staff Orientation will be held on Friday 10th July 2015, 8:45am - 2:30pm at Theatre 1, 111 Barry St., Carlton (Parkville Campus).
This event is free to attend but registration is essential.
Michelle van Kampen
Professional Development Coordinator
T: +61 3 9035 4673
Registration for the 2015 July ASO is now open. This program is free to attend but registration is essential. Registration is via THEMIS.
Theatre 1, 111 Barry St., Parkville.
- 8:45am - Registration
- 9am - Welcome and Introduction to the University
- 9:20am - Thriving at The University of Melbourne: Advice from a panel of experienced staff
- 10am - Learning and Teaching at The University of Melbourne
- 10:50am - NTEU address
- 11am - Morning Tea
- 11:30am - Support for Researchers
- 12pm - Academic Career Development
- 1-2pm - Complimentary lunch
ASO Links and Resources
Infomation from the February 2015 Academic Staff Orientation can be found on our links and resources page.